Ethereum and ERC20 wallets on LocalCoinSwap are non-custodial. This means that you have the private key and can access all tokens in that address - even if they are not listed on the localCoinSwap platform.
To access a token not listed on the platform please follow these steps. Golem (GNT) will be used as an example:
- Log in to your LocalCoinSwap account and navigate to the Wallet page
- Select Ethereum
- "Copy" your wallet address and paste it into the search bar on etherscan.io
- Select the Token dropdown on etherscan to see all your token balances - here we have 200 GNT
- Now that you have confirmed the funds in your address, head back to your LocalCoinSwap wallet page and Export your private key using the Export button (next to the copy button). Copy the private key string that looks something like this:
- Navigate to your selected external wallet. There are many different options but we will use MetaMask in this example. MetaMask is an ETH wallet as a browser extension that can be used with Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Brave.
You may also use any other mobile or desktop ERC20 compatible wallet like MyEtherWallet, Trust Wallet, Coinomi, and more!
- In MetaMask access select Import Account and paste your private key string in and click Import
- You will now see your wallet and ETH balance in MetaMask.
- Next, you need to click the menu button (3 parallel lines at top left) and select GNT in MetaMask to access that balance
- Now you have full access to your GNT and can send or store it as you please