All wallets on LocalCoinSwap are non-custodial which ensures that you can retain full control of your funds. As a result, you are able to access your funds via external wallets.
To access your LocalCoinSwap Bitcoin wallet when using Electrum please follow these steps:
- After installing Electrum open it to begin the installation wizard
- Choose a name for your wallet, this is especially important when using multiple wallets with Electrum
- When asked what type of wallet you want to create select "Import Bitcoin addresses or private keys"
- Navigate to your LocalCoinSwap Bitcoin wallet, press "export", and copy the private key
- Paste your private key into Electrum, before progressing further append p2wpkh-p2sh: to the start of the private key
- Press "next" and set a password if you'd like and then complete the import by pressing "next" a final time
- At this stage you should be able to use your imported wallet with Electrum
Below is a video demonstrating how import your Bitcoin private key into Electrum: