Ethereum and ERC20 wallets on LocalCoinSwap are non-custodial. This means that you have the private key and can access all tokens in that address - even if the token is not listed on the localCoinSwap platform.
To access your LocalCoinSwap ETH wallet in MetaMask please follow these steps:
- Log in to your LocalCoinSwap account and navigate to the Wallet page.
- Click on your Ethereum wallet and Export your private key using the Export button (below the QR code). Copy the private key string that looks something like this:
- Navigate to your selected external wallet. There are many different options but we will use MetaMask in this example. MetaMask is an ETH wallet as a browser extension that can be used with Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Brave.
You may also use any other mobile or desktop ERC20 compatible wallet like MyEtherWallet, Trust Wallet, Coinomi, and more!
- In MetaMask access select Import Account and paste your private key string in and click Import:
- You will now see your wallet and ETH balance in MetaMask and will have full access to all funds in your wallet!